Monday, August 3, 2009

That Famous Preston Night Rodeo

One of the fun things we look forward to when we're home for the summer is the rodeo. I thought they were always so boring when I was younger, but now I love watching rodeos.

We had to start off the evening sitting directly in the hot sun while watching the parade. Here's Alexa with Grammy Mumford.


Alexa had her backpack all ready to go to get lots of candy....ok, she really didn't quite grasp the concept. As long as her hands were full, she was happy. So, I had to help a little. But man, it's hard fighting off all those kids for a piece of candy!
Then we went to the carnival where Grammy took her on the merry-go-round


Brad showed up in time for the rodeo to start. LOOK EVERYBODY - he's actually part of our family again!


It was too dark to get pictures of the riders, but they did pretty good. The bull riding winner got a score of 88, which is the highest I've ever seen in real life. It was cool.

We had to have one last ride before we went home at 11:30 pm. Nice.

2 comments:

beckysue said...

I'm a shameful blogger-- I don't post, and I don't read other people's posts enough-- but CONGRATULATIONS!!! We just read about your fun news! Hopefully it's a boy and we can just marry off both our kids in one shot. And thanks so much for the beef jerky. It was yummy and you guys are so nice. When do you find out where you're headed next? We miss you!

Coby and KaeDawn said...

Looks like fun:) I can't wait to dress Braxton up in his little Wranglers and go to the rodeo in a couple weeks!!