Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Farm Days

Last week the Mumfords celebrated 30 years of Clifton farming, I think. I just go along for the party. Anyway, we call it Farm Days.

We went swimming at Downata Hot Springs - very kid AND adult friendly - impressive.



Remember when we wore lifejackets like this?




It lasted about 1 1/2 minutes.



After a full day of swimming and going down slides not recommended for pregnant women, you get pretty worn out.

Alexa couldn't even make it through 5 minutes of me getting dressed.



We stayed the night at a lodge close to Clifton. We ate homemade ice cream...


and had a cow judging contest. You look at cows in a magazine and rank them from 1st to last. I guess I missed out in high school when I didn't join the FFA because I totally lost. Alexa even beat me. Brad got 1st place, which makes sense since he went to nationals in cow judging in high school. But don't worry, he shared his prize with me - some Papa Jay's jerky.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Ok so that is the cutest picture ever of Alexia in her swimsuit and then it gets even cuter of her asleep on that bench! So pooped! I am very intrigued by this cow judging contest! I would have been horrible! You look through a magazine? What kinda magazine have pictures cows? I would have be lost too!

Thomas said...

So Brad mentioned to me the other day that, "yeah, I went to the national championships for cow judging back in high school." I couldn't believe that I had known him for three years and he never told me that.

Kim said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I am not surprised that Brad went to Nationals for cow judging. We are also excited to hear that your family is growing again, we are so excited for you.