Tuesday, September 15, 2009

RIP

We finally got to have a funeral for Brad's fingertip. Our sister-in-law put the whole thing together.

Brad showed up like this:


Apparently he felt the need to get dressed up for his own funeral.

Then we drove out to the field where the smashing had taken place and had a nice ceremony.


We had a good crowd come to say their goodbyes.


We buried the finger and then huried back to the house when it started raining.

There we had....

Finger Food!




And then we played a game where you had to guess which picture of a hand belonged to which person. If you ever need a REALLY HARD game, that's a good one to play.
It was a great funeral! It made me think about chopping off my finger so I could have one. Thanks KJ for all your work!

Oh, for the obituary, see "The Preston Citizen" under the Clifton news section. It comes out today.
Here is what Brad's hand looks like now:
Not too bad. The surgeon did a great job. Oh, and Brad wanted to make sure you all know that these are his farm pants and the red stuff is just a stain.

10 comments:

The Oylers said...

I'm sorry we missed it stumpy. I know it's a bummer it's gone, but think of all the time you will save on clipping your finger nails.

Three Men and a Janie said...

Rest in peace, little finger! That is the funniest story ever (well, not so funny for Brad, I guess) but the funeral looked like fun!

Dave and Melissa Geddes said...

LOVE IT!!!!!! Aha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha breath ah ha ha ha ha ha!

Chanelle & Aaron said...

That is too funny! (Sorry about your finger, Brad) We`re glad we found you guys in the blog world.

KimWar said...

That is seriously the funniest thing ever (not loosing his finger) but the finger funeral! That is so original. Miss you guys, hope you're doing well. Congrats on passing the Bar Brad, you're awesome!

Ben said...

Brad, it was mighty nice of you to dress up for the funeral. Someone's gotta class it up, right?

M.M.M. said...

I like the coffin with the green underneath. How very formal.
I so wish I was there.

Thomas said...

Brad, It's a good thing it was your left hand because if it were your right you could forget ever beating me in racquetball again.

Jake said...

People don't realize that squeeze chutes are the leading cause of finger-related deaths in the greater Rocky Mountain region. I have had several close calls with various appendages around riled-up calves.

Glad you passed the bar. Three years is a long time to waste on one failed exam....

-Jake

The Birds said...

I totally laughed out loud when I saw the cookies! What a good sport he was! Too fun! And, congrats on baby #2!!!! You're exactly six weeks ahead of me. OH, and I LOVE having two girls! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this little guy! YOu'll love it - even with the fighting (which has unfortunately already started for my 18 mo. and four and a half yr. old!
~Chandi