Friday, September 25, 2009

Little Vacay

A couple days ago we had to go to Boise so Brad could officially become a lawyer. It was my first time ever going to Boise. The drive up there is NOT pretty, but it's nice once you get to the city.

They have a beautiful, different colored temple.



You know those people who you see at the front desk trying to get in somehow without their recommend because they left it home or lost it?....We'll that was me on this day. Luckily, the nice people called my stake pres. who told them I could go in. I think they take more pitty on you when you're pregnant because they know the baby is taking all your brain cells away.



We had a very enjoyable day. We went to Ross, Chili's, and the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory - how could it be any better?


We stayed the night in Twin Falls in order to break up the drive a little.

We got to see the temple there on the way out. Another first for me.



Then, we went to Shoshone Falls.



I guess the water was really low that day. On a good high water day, the cliffs in the above photo are supposed to be covered with water. That would have been cool.

But the area was pretty.



Anyway, we got to see some pretty things. While we were at Shoshone Falls Brad got a call from the Air Force giving us our choice of our first assignment - (for those who don't check facebook regularly) Clovis, New Mexico or Mountain Home, Idaho (which we stopped at on our way to Boise - the McDonald's there charges you for water! But the Wendy's doesn't so go there.).

Since Clovis is out in the middle of nowhere and we don't know anyone remotely close to that area, we went against the whole being mad at McDonald's thing and chose Mountain Home. We'll be moving to the AFB around the end of November and will probably be there for a couple of years.

We're excited to start our new adventure with the AF - ok, but really, we're excited to finally be making some money instead of just going deeper and deeper into debt.

Oh, and my apologies go out to Linc and Hollie again for Alexa waking up to sing for 1 1/2 hours at 4:00 in the morning. Thanks for taking her!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh how come I had to find out that you knew where you were moving to by checking your blog! Where in the world is Mountain Home, Idaho? I'm excited for you guys! Now that you'll be making some money, maybe you could give us some...just a thought. :)

melissa and nathan said...

Bad Brad and Cassie,
Me Melissa here, I live in Twin Falls, if you ever need a place to stay or a drink of water, drive across the bridge by the temple and you are a stone's throw, good throw from my house.
Congratulations on your move and condolences on your finger!

Dave and Melissa Geddes said...

Aw man, I was hoping she would sleep through the night! But singing would have been cute, even at 4:00 in the morning. Glad you guys had fun!

Coree Adams said...

I want to see a close up of your baby belly!!!