Monday, April 13, 2009

Blast from the Past

A long, long time ago, I was in Venezuela in a town called Acarigua. One day my companion and I met twin brothers, Rafael and Valentin, at a bus stop. We asked if they would be interested in listening to the missionary discussions. They said “yes,” so we started teaching them. They quickly took hold of the gospel and wanted to be baptized. So, we helped them get ready, and 3 days before they got baptized we were transferred without warning!! We were all very sad, but at least we got each other’s contact info.

After the mission, we kept in contact for the first couple years by phone (they would always call me at 6:00 a.m.) and email. When Brad and I went back to Venezuela in ’06, we couldn’t go visit them because they had moved to Madrid, Spain. I think you are starting to see where this story is going…

Last week, we went to Madrid to go to the temple and lo and behold…



The twins! It was great to see them after 7 years, especially when I never thought I would see them again.

I was able to do a session with Valentin. There’s nothing like being in the temple with someone you taught on your mission!



And sometimes I wear my coat when it's not even cold outside.


Needless to say, it was a great trip!

Oh, and Madrid was cool too. Trees lined every street I saw.


And lots of parks. We had our own personal tour guide for 3 days.


The End.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have had a great experience, I am just a small bit jealous :) -Kate

jfb said...

hey cassi! i found you off of the good ol' brhs site. i had no idea that you were living in spain right now - how exciting. and running into all sorts of people you know. small world. your daughter is a cutie! i love her red hair :) how much longer are you in spain?

Dave and Melissa Geddes said...

Wow Cass! This post almost had me in tears, which is really hard to do!

Thomas said...

That's amazing that you ran into them in Madrid.

M.M.M. said...

Cassie. What's with you and all these good looking men from foreign countries.

Coree Adams said...

That is so awesome Cass!!!

The Birds said...

That is SO awesome! It looks like you guys are having an amazing time! Lucky you!
~Chandi