Sunday, January 4, 2009

Starting Our New Adventure

We finally made it to our hostel in Barcelona after about 29 hours of traveling on Thursday/Friday. Traveling overseas with a one-year-old isn´t the easiest thing to do, but Alexa did great considering she had to be on our laps the whole time.

Yesterday we ventured out to see the school where Brad will be studying. We spent some time looking for an apartment, but didn´t have much luck. We went to the beach for a while, but it was so cold that we couldn´t stay too long.

Today, we tried to find the church, but the directions were wrong on the website, so we walked around for an hour or so trying to find anyone who knew where it was. We ended up not going.

So, hopefully things will start falling into place. The hostel is kind of cool, but Alexa hasn´t been sleeping well at all. And I´m ready to stop living out of suitcases.

To be continued...

10 comments:

jonisill said...

How exciting! I hope you can find a place soon. GOOD LUCK!

M.M.M. said...

oh man! I cringed thinking about the flight. Good thing Alexa is perfect. We miss you guys!

Coree Adams said...

I am so glad you made it there ok! Good luck on finding a place of residence soon! We'll be praying for you guys!!

Lissa said...

You guys are such troopers! We are so glad you guys made it safely. Things will pick up soon. Love you!

The Oylers said...

Wow I really do need to call and talk to you guys. I had no idea you were leaving the country. Well I will give you a little bit to get settled in and then I am calling to get filled in on all the details. Hope you had a great Christmas! We love you guys. And good luck with everything.

Unknown said...

Hola Brad, espero me recuerdes soy BELÈN en serio??? pero en serio?? jjaa, que hermosa familia tienes te felicito... te encontré `pr casdualidad en este blog tienes una dirección en facebook?? mi mail es belen.boulder@gmail.com me encantaría saber de ti.

Muchos cariños y los mejores deseos para este nuevo año..
Belén.

WOLF-PACK said...

congrats on the little girl!! we didn't even know you guys had a baby and she is already one!!! sounds like you are enjoying life and very busy. keep in touch.

The Goodrich's said...

Oh man, good luck! I bet you guys are seeing some pretty cool things.

We were sorry that we weren't able to get together. It was bad timing for us, with moving, Justin being transferred for a week, etc. Maybe next time!

Monya said...

Your next few months will be awesome with many memories!!!
Monya

M.M.M. said...

WOw you guys are super popular. In fact I think I won't leave this comment because I am a little jealous at all the comments you get.
Well anyway I hope this week is going better. I am sure things will pick up and we will all be jealous of your fantastic times, as well as your concourses of friends.