Monday, January 12, 2009

Our New Apartment

We found an apartment on Thursday (1/8) and got all moved in on Friday. We're happy to be out of that hostel. It was small, loud, and very cramped. I would recommend staying in a hostel if you come here, but not if you have a 1-yr-old. Here we have some pictures of barcelona.
This is our hostel room. It's about 7 or 8 feet wide, and probably 10 feet long. That's me on the top bunk, where i regularly got less than 4 hours of sleep per night.
View from our hostel room. Is that a barcelona sunrise I see? Or the flash from the camera reflected on the window? You be the judge.

This is a street near our apartment that has an ancient wall running down the side of it. One of our tourist books states that this wall was left by the Romans.

If you look really closely, at the very top of this you can see the small balcony of our apartment.


This was alexa's reaction when we told her we were moving out of the hostel. I don't care who you are, that's happiness, right there.


Cassi took this picture, and I don't remember what it's of. Stay tuned for more pictures of old buildings like this that we see in our travels.

10 comments:

Dave and Melissa Geddes said...

I've been thinking about you guys tons. Hope you like your apartment and it does me good to see such a big smile on Alexa. We are doing well in Colorado. Is there anyway I can get a hold of you other than via internet? I miss you and love you.

Three Men and a Janie said...

Sounds like quite the adventure! Paul said he wishes we would've done something like that before he was settled in his career. Take Care, Janie

Dan Colton said...

Bienvenidos a Barcelona! I have come to realize that I am going to be perpetually jealous of you guys each time you post a blog with a bunch of pictures of Spain. But that's okay, keep it up. Brad, make sure you get some studying in.

moffthetoff said...

YEAH! You found an apartment! We were getting a little worried there. I miss you all! Especially that cute Alexa Jo. smile! So cute!

Lissa said...

SO GLAD you guys are out of that hostel. You are brave Cassi! You are all brave. Happy to hear it's going well

M.M.M. said...

Funny. So all of you got less than 4 hours of sleep I am assuming? Because alexa probably wanted to play with her feet or one of you guys I am sure. You guys live such romantic and thrilling lives. Well gotta go floss... see ya!

Bryan said...

That's pretty cool. Brad, are you guys really there studying? Or is this some scheme to go on a long vacation? Either way, it's pretty cool.

jonisill said...

Wow! What an adventure! I woul love to go live in a place like that for a while.

WOLF-PACK said...

Rod wants to go back the Spain so bad. I would love to surprise him one of these days/years with a trip. He never got to go to the mainland.

Baaster said...

Awesome work on the new pad! I love th picture of Alexa, especially with the clever caption. Hostels are rough. I'm happy your adventure is going well and you've found a new place with an elevator...I'd die walking up those stairs.