Sunday, August 12, 2012

Swimming!

I made a new friend named Brooke.  She has 2 little girls and is due with her 3rd just after I am.  She's been great to invite me to a couple different swimming pools off base with her.  And best of all, she drives so I don't have to!
Last week we went to Showa Park, which is a huge park that has a big water park inside it.  The normal price to get in the water park is $28(2200 yen), but if you're pregnant it's only $6.50(500 yen).  Ok, that's a pretty good discount.  
We got to ride a shuttle from the park gate to the swimming pool.  Cailin LOVES buses because she doesn't have to sit in her car seat.



We started at the splash pad.  There were about 5 different kiddie pools with slides and everything!  The girls were in heaven.


I got reprimanded for taking these pictures while standing in 2 inches of water, so it deterred me from taking more of the rest of the pools.


We had a blast!  I think we'll need to go a lot more within the next 7 weeks.


2 comments:

Lissa said...

SO fun! And that is a good discount...probably because you aren't supposed to ride any water slides while pregnant. So that would be lame to charge you full price when you can't really do anything. And Pierce loves splash pads too. I have totally decided that we will have one in our permanent house's backyard someday. They are fun for everyone, easy to clean and maintain and no worrying about drowning!

moffthetoff said...

Why did you get in trouble for taking pictures? Are they worried about electrocution? Are they worried you are a child predator? I don't get that?
I'm sooo happy to hear about your new friend. I miss you all so much, but knowing you are having so many adventures makes me happy!
I love you!
xoxo Aunt Moff