Sunday, July 29, 2012

First days in Japan

On the Tuesday we left Seattle, we had to be to the airport by 5:00 am.  This is how we found the girls right before we had to wake them.  It was the worst having to wake them up so we could sit at the airport for 3 hours.


The flight was 9 1/2 hrs long (it was suppose to be 11).  The girls did pretty well which was such a relief for their parents!  Our only problem was that when we got to Japan it was 6:00 pm Seattle time, but it was 10:00 am here.  So, we had a whole day to try to stay awake before we could sleep.

We finally made it to the hotel where Brad's coworkers had left food for us.  We did take a little nap even though we wanted to sleep a lot longer.

Here we are.  Our first day in Japan.  Don't we all look so happy to be here? :)


A few days later, we got our house.  We were able to get a 3 bedroom because of little brother on the way.  Thank goodness!


We live in a quadruplex-type setting with 4 houses connected together.



This is our backyard.


Here's the playground across the street out the front door where the mosquitos love to feed off of us.


Our kitchen.  Surprisingly bigger than I thought it would be.


The girls think this is the best part of the whole house.  Since we have very few toys, they spend their time in the closet climbing this pole and hanging on the bar.  It's like a jungle gym inside the house!

They might be disappointed when our hangers come in a few weeks and their clothes take over.


So far we've enjoyed being here.  We're looking forward to exploring and maybe learning some Japanese. :)

4 comments:

Thomas said...

I've been looking forward to seeing more posts from you guys. I can't believe how big the girls are getting! Your backyard looks really nice.

moffthetoff said...

I love that you are back to blogging! I love the picture of those two sleeping. I love that you got a 3 bedroom house. I love you even more than the mosquitos!!

Rachel said...

Wow, I cannot believe you are making such a huge move while pregnant! We moved to the other side of the block during my last pregnancy and I thought I would die. You are pretty much amazing. Sounds like Japan will be fun. And I love the picture of your sleeping girls!

MaRea Hess said...

Congrats, sounds like such a fun adventure!