Monday, July 30, 2012

A short walk to Chinese

We took a walk on Saturday night.  This street is just outside our house and leads us off base.  They say in the spring these are full of cherry blossoms.  I can't wait to see it!


Just outside of base.


The street was lined with sunflowers.  Alexa was in heaven.


There are soda machines on almost every corner.  But, we've heard it's not polite to eat and drink while on the go.  It's better to drink the whole can of soda right there, or take it to your car to drink. 


We ate at the Wok.  And yes, it's a Chinese restaurant.  


Luckily for us, it had a picture menu, so we just pointed to what we wanted to order.  It was a little more difficult asking for rice, but we finally got it.  I think "rice" will be an important word to learn in japanese.

We got some practice using chopsticks.


I think Cailin has the right idea. :)  Alexa did very well with them.


I tried to use them for about one bite and got frustrated.  Forks are way more efficient!

2 comments:

Staci Scott said...

I am so glad that you are blogging. It is great to see what life is like for you in Japan. Good luck to your family. Love ya!

moffthetoff said...

Oh how I miss you guys. Thanks for returning to your awesome blog so I can get my fix. I cannot fathom drinking a whole can of soda in one sitting. Love you all!