Saturday, March 7, 2009

Paris - Day 2

Highlights of the day:


Notre Dame - the girl taking the picture must have thought we didn't want the whole church in the picture.



So here it is in its entirety. It's huge!



And so detailed. This is the arch for one of the doors. Each saint is different and one at the bottom was beheaded.

Amazing.


Inside the cathedral.

Pont Neuf. It's the oldest bridge in Paris. Maybe you're like us and the only thing you know about Paris comes from the Borne Identity, that's why we thought this bridge was cool.

Crepes for lunch. Yum! This was our dessert - chocolate and roasted almond crepe.

Arc de Triomphe, commissioned by Bonaparte in 1806 after he won a battle. Again, the kid taking the picture didn't think we wanted the actual arc in the background. Sheesh...we must be too picky.


So we had someone else take a picture.


My personal favorite. Mr. Eiffle's tower. We got a better photographer this time.


This is just one leg of it. It's all that would fit in my camera window.


The guy with the orange pants. Brad found it odd that "these guys were trying to look all gangster, and one of them is wearing bright orange 'swishy' pants" (you know, the pants that make the "swish" sound with every step).

9 comments:

Baaster said...

Great pictures and commentary! I've the solution to your picture taking problem. You can take me with you next time...I don't even need to be in a picture. Looks like you're having a great time! Keep it up.

Coby and KaeDawn said...

Wow..I'm so jealous.. I have always wanted to go to Paris! Looks like you guys are having tons of fun:)

Coree Adams said...

Those are great pics guys...what a dream come true to actually be able to be where Jason Bourne was. I have to say, I'm super jealous! PS what's wrong with swishy pants? I'm pretty sure they are better than stretchy pants, right?

Desi L said...

Holy cow, Cassi--you're living it up. We hope to go to Europe one day, but for now we're planning an all expence paid trip (we pay the expenses) to the amazing Pocatello, ID in 2 weeks. I know your green with jealously, but keep saving and you may make it there one day.

jonisill said...

WOW!! I am so jealous right now. lucky!! That's all I have to say

Allison said...

Amazing! I'd love to see Paris someday.

Thomas said...

Amazing photographs! I would love to make it there some time.

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

Its Brandi I stole your blog off of Melissa's. Your family is darling and I am so jealous you get to live in Europe for a bit. Isn't Paris beautiful?! One of the best places I ever visited. It sounds like your doing great.

Ben said...

That's great! Maybe you're like me and only know the Eiffel Tower from Superman II, right? Don't go lockin' yourself in the elevator just so you can win that Pulitzer, Brad!